22.8.16

Ginger Jar upcycled to Decor

Happy Monday Morning to all!!
In keeping with this month's  Reuse and Recycle I went to the second hand store and found this. 
My find was apparently a ginger jar estimated $40.00 (that I found out later) lol 
I painted this jar originally with chalk paint To my dismay this left A lot of streaks. 
I sanded, rubbed and finally it came to me this must be spray painted.  
I am smart.. just not quick.. haha


Finally I took out my eBrush by Craftwell and sprayed over my streaky mess. I chose chalk paint from Americana DecoArt a color called Refreshing.  I used Debi Tullers video as my lead and watered it down a bit so it would work with my syphon.  
Lastly I used some sticky lace stencils with some white acrylic paint to try to draw attention away from my now bumpy surface.  This was a bit of a trial and error project but I thought I would share anyway.  My end result was not terrible but I certainly would have done it much differently and used my eBrush to begin with. 

 I have to admit I did not clean my equipment good enough the last time I used it and when I went to use my syphon it was clogged. I used a very thin wire for jewelry making to help me unclog it but lesson learned. When I was finished spraying this time I got some water and sprayed until it ran clear.  We had a bit of fun with this as it was so hot we were spraying our faces, it was very refreshing!

Warmly, 




No comments:

Post a Comment